Re: [Mgs] 62 MGA 1622 Mk2

To: "DAVID HAMMOND" <dbh@hamengr.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 62 MGA 1622 Mk2
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:12:39 -0500
Generator was originally painted dark red along with the complete
engine assembly in original production for MGA and early
MGB.  Replacement generators are black, so lots of current field
retrofits are black instead of red.  Later production MGB with black
engine (18V engines) would have an alternator (starting 1968).

Coil bracket is on top of the generator for MGA 1500 model cars.
Coil bracket is on the engine mount for MGA 1600 and 1600-MK-II.
Coil mounts on the exhaust side inner fender (I think) for Twin Cams.
Coil bracket is back on top of the generator for "Deluxe" model cars,
because the right side engine mount is different (same as the Twin
Cam RH mount).
I'm guessing coil may be mounted on inner fender for MGB.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 08:06 PM 6/12/2010 -0700, DAVID HAMMOND wrote:
>Can anyone tell me if the coil mounts on the generator or the side plate? Is
>the generator engine color?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75