Re: [Mgs] MGA coil

To: Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA coil
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 21:20:30 -0700
Coils get warm.  If you leave the key on with the engine off, and the
ignition points closed, they get down right hot.  This is normal.

You need the following to have your engine run:
Fuel
Air
Spark
You need the above items at the right place, at the right time in the
correct amount. (many thanks to Dick O'Kane who taught me that, and has
helped me to fix many a car with that info)
Just because you have gas at the carbs does not mean you have fuel in the
cylinders, or in the correct amount.
Ditto for spark at the points, what about at the plugs?
Rick