Re: [Mgs] The tale of the crunchy clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] The tale of the crunchy clutch
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:47:48 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 6/14/10, Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Aside
from using actual car parts and following recommended
> practices and

procedures, is there anything in particular that I might do
> to prevent the

destruction of the new bearing and pressure plate?
> (Of course, I will also
be
> using a new clutch disc, too.)

Check the "ears" on the throwout bearing
casting.  I've
seen some newer ones that are less than linear.  (ie, if
they
are the hands of a clock, they should be at 9:15,
not 8:20.) I'm getting
increasingly squealy and dragging
action with my clutch and I'm suspecting
that I may find
myself in the same boat as you.  I'm hoping I can make it
through the summer because I need to get the house painted
this year so there
is no money for major car repairs.  :-(

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html