Re: [Mgs] OT - tornado

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OT - tornado
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:51:46 -0600
I thought it was closer than it really was and it looked like it was headed
straight for the house. But I also was pretty sure it was at least a few
minutes away so getting to the basement was no problem. The tornado sound I
could hear was faint enough to indicate a bit of distance and time. In
reality, it was a bit further east than I thought where it was hitting ground
(pictures are looking due south) and its travel was still in the direction
taking it towards or near the house when it dissipated. Still, it was at least
a < mile away when that happened and still on the other side of the hill.

I probably should mention my last tornado encounter, about 25 years ago, when
a tornado hit the coal mine I was working at, damaging part of the
administration building. But it was right after work so I was about 5-10 miles
away, lying on the ground reattaching the exhaust that had come loose on my
71BGT. The weather was less stormy but I was in an area of total exposure and
no shelter, oblivious to the event as it passed. So in that case, all I saw
was the carnage and there were no pictures of the event AFAIK.

David