Re: [Mgs] Ultimate "top down" cap?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Ultimate "top down" cap?
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:06:03 -0700
That's exactly the problem --the ones I have found are too small, with not
enough extension down the back of the head.  I have two that are OK when my
hair is short, but when it grows out a little, they slip up and instantly
get loose. It doesn't help that my skull is particularly long, and the
undercut in the back is very low down.

I am also sitting a long way back from the windscreen, so my head is not
protected at all -- in fact it is in the center of the maelstrom of
turbulence, to judge from what happens when the cap comes off (hair whipping
wildly in every direction). It is not a steady pressure of wind that the cap
has to withstand -- it is violent buffeting from all sides.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

Mgs@autox.team.net