Re: [Mgs] Filling gearbox on an MGB

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Filling gearbox on an MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 09:54:22 +0100
I just used a short length of 1/2" or so hose which made a snug fit on the
end of the bendy pipe that comes with 1L containers of gearbox or diff oil
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/images/goc4.jpg.  Both my top-fill 73 and my
side-fill 75 were refilled from the right-hand footwell which needs a much
shorter length of pipe than if doing it from the engine compartment, the
latter cars still have the rubber plug on top of the tunnel where the
dip-stick used to be.  Wise to put plenty of paper down over carpets though.

PaulH.