Re: [Mgs] MGA spin-on oil filter

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA spin-on oil filter
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:32:44 -0700
The reason I pointed this out is that the famous ongoing oil filter study
webpage rated the Fram Tough Guard version as OK, even as it disparaged the
other two grades.

The whole issue is a little dicey since the manufacturers continually change
the designs (seldom for the better), or buy each other out and so substitute
different product under the old brand names. Caveat emptor.

I still find it funny that every Ferrari I have ever seen with the hood open
has sported a pair of the bright orange basic Fram filters (inverted, no
less). Do you think they never actually start their engines?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 8/3/10 3:03 PM, shop@justbrits.com at shop@justbrits.com wrote:

> << NB: Fram makes 3 quality grades of filter. >>
>
> And NONE of them are anything I would put on any of my cars
> [LBC or Chevy] or my Customers' cars, Max.
>
> Don, I would strongly suggest the WIX brand 1st followed by
> the NAPA brand.
>
> Regards.......
>
> Ed
> Please visit MY site at:
> www.justbrits.com
> [with LOTS of 1st time offers for Listers in the
> For Sale areas which ARE soon to go to fleabay -:(.]
> [with MGA & MGB stuff listed ! ]

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75