Re: [Mgs] While talking we are radiators

To: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] While talking we are radiators
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:29:53 +0100
Paint it what ever colour turns you on :o)  The were usually engine colour
for obvious reasons (sprayed with the parts covering passages into the
engine in place), the blades were yellow presumably for visibility, not that
you can see much of the colour when they are spinning.  I would use a
non-setting gasket compound such as Hermetite Red, and only a smear.  I
never use silicone sealants, whilst some take some time to go off some do so
very quickly and if you are doing a large gasket the first part you did is
semi-hard and the last part soft.  If you *do* use silicone again only use a
smear, not the thick bead often shown, or when you tighten the bolts great
gobbets will ooze out everywhere.  Messy outside the pump, not a good idea
inside.  I took some carbs off a while back and the throat area had been
reduced by about a quarter by excess silicone.

PaulH.