Re: [Mgs] MG makes the list

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MG makes the list
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 16:47:39 +0100
I thought it was American soldiers stationed in Britain *during* the war,
mainly bomber crews of which there must have been thousands, judging by the
number of bases in Eastern England (122 apparently, having just returned
from the annual Memorial Run around several such bases).  Mainly TAs and a
few TBs - "coffins riding on four harps", built before the war.  After the
war the TB became the TC with few modifications, some 10,000 being built in
4 years up to 1949, a substantial number being shipped to the USA.
(http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgt.html)

PaulH.