Re: [Mgs] Radiator (metal) fan blades, which way?

To: Bill Mills <bmills46@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Radiator (metal) fan blades, which way?
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:13:27 -0700
And .... I just realized that I did not answer your question!

Simon

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Simon Matthews
<simon.d.matthews@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Think of it this way:
> When looking at the front of the engine (from in front of the car), it
> turns clockwise. When turning clockwise, the blades need to pull air
> through the radiator, which means that the leading edges will be close
> to the radiator and the trailing edges will be close to the engine.
>
> Simon
>

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Bill Mills <bmills46@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> While replacing the water pump last night I could not decide which way
around the 6 blade metal fan should be attached. The metal fan blades are cut
such that there is a "cut away" side to each blade.  Should this "cut away"
side be to the front (radiator side) or to the back (block side)?

>> Bill
>> MGBGT

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html