Re: [Mgs] MGA rear hieght

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA rear hieght
From: "Vance Navarrette" <v.navarrette@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:19:58 -0700
        Tom:

        While a spring can go bad, what is far more likely is that you
have a set of perished bushings somewhere.

        The bushings are highly stressed, and they will cold creep over
time, where the pin or bolt will migrate to one side of the bushing.
This is most visibly under load, as the pin tends to return close to
center when the load is removed.

        If the there is more lean in the rear than in the front, then it
is most likely in the rear suspension. Replace the silentbloc bushings
(both sides) and the shackle bushings being sure to get all
4 sets.

        Then if that fails, you are most likely looking at springs.

        All of this assumes you are confident the frame is straight,
tires are the same size, suspension is correctly assembled, etc. You
would be surprised the nonsense that gets perpetrated on LBC cars by
DPOs. I will tell you about my TR6 sometime, but since it is off topic,
can't do it here... Anyway, be sure that something simple is not the
cause before you start wrenching on the car.

        Vance