Re: [Mgs] car jack question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] car jack question
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 20:12:11 -0500
I've got a scissors jack in the boot now that compresses and expands
enough to change a flat. I bought it at Pep Boys. Don't recall the name,
but it has a handle extension long enough to be able to shove it under
the rear axle from the rear of the car. Very helpful. Again I don't
recall the name, but I do know it works in the rain. Before I found that
I used a pint-sized floor jack I probably got at AutoZone 20 years ago.
It's a little 1 ton about 14 to 16 inches long and is small enough to
barely fit in a factory toolbag and get covered in jute. I still use it
on occasion to lift the Jag far enough to get the real floor jack under
it. It also comes in quite handy as a front spring compressor (as long
as the engine is still in the bay or you have two friends handy).

Congrats on getting the new roof on the hose. I've found that Lowe's is
a good source for hoses. Fairly inexpensive, too. *<;^)

Glenn

--
"Better to have a few cockeyed mutts running
the dog pound than Michael Vick."

                        - PJ O'Rourke

Glenn Schnittke

g.schnittke@comcast.net