[Mgs] Ran When Parked

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Ran When Parked
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:36:38 -0800
The title of the book is meant in jest in reference to the way people
advertise their old cars.  The cars in the book are not basket-case
or castaway cars.

The cars that the author does discuss are decent ones which he
purchased, but they often come with a few issues and/or some
needs.  But those issues or needs are assessed at time of purchase,
so that he avoids being upside down financially in the cars .

The term "ran when parked" just refers to the silly kind of terms
people use in the ads they place for cars.  There is a page in the
book devoted to definitions of such ad terms as-

Needs a Little TLC:  See Needs Everything
Smokes a LIttle:  These usually turn out to be chain smokers with a
quart-a-day habit.
Diamond in the Rough:  Emphasis is always on the "rough"
part.  See:  Needs a Little TLC.
Ran When Parked:  Means that the car struggled into a
field/alley/steel building/barn/garage ten years ago then expired.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive