Re: [Mgs] Interesting album cover

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Interesting album cover
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:56:50 -0800
Ha, just got off the phone. My friend's Miata died a few miles from here.
AAA told him the battery was OK, so he was asking me what the problem was
(like I could diagnose it over the phone -- I suggested the alternator,
anyway). He was having it towed home, then would have to have it towed to
his mechanic on Monday. I offered him my MGB for the weekend, with the
caveat that he'd probably have to apply the hammer from time to time. He
said no thanks...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

[These chappies just seem to lack the proper sporting attitude...]

on 12/17/10 5:28 PM, Murray Arundell at arundell@ghs.com.au wrote:

> What? People drive MX-5/Miatas?  I thought they were only for parking outside
> trendy coffee shops.....
>

> On 18/12/2010, at 9:59 AM, Eric Erickson wrote:
>
>> On 18/12/2010, at 10:11 AM, Don wrote:
>>
>>> Not a good sign-  the bonnet is open and the car owner is trying to repair
>> it!  I guess if they were driving in a Miata, the bonnet would be shut and
>> they would still be travelling along which make the photo-op impossible!
>>>

>> Or, more likely, if they were driving a Mazda the bonnet would be shut and
>> they would be on the phone to roadside assistance  ;-)

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive