[Mgs] dashpots or ??

Subject: [Mgs] dashpots or ??
From: paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk (Paul Hunt)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:36:57 -0000
An unscrewed damper shouldn't cause failure to idle, that usually only
causes stumbling when you try to accelerate.

Driving with the choke fully out should have flooded it, or made it run very
poorly at the very least, washing oil off the bores and diluting the oil.
If it didn't then it indicates a weak mixture, which could be from any
number of intermittent causes if it idled fine when it got home.

WD40 in the air filters won't do anything except gum-up the filter material,
it isn't a volatile like starting fluids.

With any stumbling or rough running the first thing is to look at the tach
and see if that is jumping up and down (ignition LT problem) or reading true
revs (HT, fuel or possibly condenser).

PaulH.