[Mgs] Prices for MGAs

Subject: [Mgs] Prices for MGAs
From: redscirocco at hotmail.com (Mike Eldred)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:52:16 -0500
Well, I've been saying the same thing for the last 20 years.  They are great
cars, but I could never figure out why their prices are so out of line with
other MGs.  Or at least, that's the way it has appeared to me.  And they keep
going up and up.
I guess I should have bought that MGA with the frozen engine and tattered
interior for $500 back in '86, eh?  Or the $5,000 95% restored TC that I
passed up the same day.

(Of course, even then, those were both a steal.  The story was that the owner
went to Korea on a business trip.  When his business was completed, rather
than return home to his wife, he took up with a Korean mistress and sent home
divorce papers and instructions to sell his MGs.  So the wife was selling them
for as little as she dared.  If only I hadn't been living on a PFC's wages at
the time, I would have driven home with that TC.)

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT