[Mgs] MG6 Review

To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MG6 Review
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:17:15 -0000
http://www.mg-rover.org/articles/1/1097/mg6_road_test_review/index.htm?

I have been expecting that because SAIC can't use the Rover name the MG6 is
really going to be more like a Rover than an MG, as MG saloons have always
been performance versions of the Rover variant.  This review does seem to
confirm that, although because a number of aspects of the design particularly
the handling have been done at Longbridge and not China the end result is
somewhere between what one might expect of an MG had the company had both
names.  Having seen it in the 'flesh' I was surprised how good the rear 3/4
view looked (especially view 12) as it's where so many designers run out of
inspiration, not unlike a performance Merc (which may on may not be a good
thing).  Less so the front, which is pretty generic (indeed similar to the new
Honda Accord) and has no trace at all of the MG grille which has always been
the case previously.

PaulH.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html