[Mgs] MGA Part II

Subject: [Mgs] MGA Part II
From: ericemarkley at bellsouth.net (Eric Markley)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:56:04 -0400
More info,

Yes, I did make the monumental sacrifice and drive to the beach this morning
to gaze upon this treasure of MG history. The things that we must do....

The paint and body are incredible, not over-restored and super shiny modern
two-pack paint, but an outstanding paint and body presentation that truly
looks as the car might have (if not better) in 1962. The difficult compound
curves are smooth and free of ripples and distortion.

The interior and fascia are, likewise, superbly presented and free of any
flaw that I could detect.  I am not a concours judge by ANY means but I
suspect that this car would compete well.

With two exceptions. First, the grille does not seem original. It has the
vertical chrome bars somewhat similar in style to the 1500 MGA that Dad
bought around 1972 (for $175.00!!) but the bars are recessed like a standard
MKII grille and the center bar gives the appearance of a handle. It appears
to be a nicely executed and quality piece but not original. Second, the
steering wheel is not the standard "four sets of spoke forming a X pattern"
MGA steering wheel.

All in all, a very attractive and doubtless desirable car worth a tidy sum.
I did take a few pictures with my Blackberry. I do not have a web site to
park them on but would be more than happy to do so if any of you have one.
Is Barney with us today?

Eric in Florida