[Mgs] MG6 Review

Subject: [Mgs] MG6 Review
From: barrie at look.ca (Barrie Robinson)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:16:25 -0400
What we have is technologies desperately chasing problems.   I do not
need a GPS and when I buy a car I do not want to have to pay for
it.  Similarly I do not need a wet cabbage leaf reader so I do not
have to buy one in my new car.

Hey!  whatever happened to cigarette lighters ?   Used to use them to
burn leeches off when in Malaya!

At 11:51 AM 3/28/2011, Geoff wrote:
>Complaining about GPS/Sat Nav just seems silly.  It's a tool, use it wrong
>and it'll be an issue. There are plenty of examples of dumb people getting
>lost in the wilderness because they can't read a map or use a compass.
>Shall we complain about that technology too?   Don't blame the tool, blame
>the idiot using it.
>
>I use my GPS all the time.  I travel a bit for work, and arriving in a new
>town, I can pull up Yelp on my phone, get a review for a restaurant, and
>click a button to open the directions in the GPS functions, which can then
>give me walking or driving directions to the restaurant.  It's brilliant.
>For the luddites out there, I suppose you could catalog the restaurant
>reviews from the paper, maybe in a three ring binder.  Then, once you've
>picked one, find a pay phone (good luck with that) to call and get the
>address, then pull out the paper map.  Good luck with the rerouting if you
>miss an exit or there is construction.  Make sure you pull over before you
>use the map.

Regards

Barrie
barrie at look.ca