Re: [Mgs] trailer brake control

To: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] trailer brake control
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 17:06:28 -0500
Need more info.  What kind of trailer brakes?  Hydraulic surge
brakes?  Electric brakes?  How many trailer axles?  Brakes on all
trailer wheels?  How heavy the trailer?   Loaded or empty?  Most
trailers under 1000 pounds gross weight don't have brakes, so I
susect this is something bigger?  Electric trailer brakes require an
electronic control to limit current.  Surge brakes usually do what
they should if you grease thd sliding hitch coupling (but can be a
pain for backing up).

At 01:35 PM 5/29/2011 -0400, Tom Gunderson wrote:
>This may be a little off the normal subject. I have a trailer that
>when the brakes are applied the trailer brakes want to lock . What
>control system should I use to get the trailer brakes to work with
>the car and not lock?

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75