Re: [Mgs] Hydraulics

To: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, Dave <dave@ranteer.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hydraulics
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:33:47 -0400
This was posted on another list:

I asked Castrol:

Brake fluid question: What is the difference between Castrol
Brake Fluid labeled LMA DOT 4 and Castrol LMA Synthetic? Is
it true that all DOT 4 is synthetic?

Their answer:

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America,
Castrol GTLMA now has a higher wet boiling point and the
product label has been changed. The product formula has not
been changed; Castrol GTLMA has always been a fully
synthetic brake fluid.
The wet boiling point has increased from 3110F to 3290F
(1550C to 1690C).
Castrol Consumer Relations

Then I asked:

How do you raise the boiling point without changing the
product formula?

Their Answer:

Thank you for contacting Castrol,

The formula has been improved to increase the wet boiling
point.  The newer GTLMA bottles state ''New Formula'', to make
you aware of this. The formulas are similar and completely
compatible. The base fluid type used has not changed.
Castrol GTLMA was always synthetic, having used the same
base fluid.  The base fluid and additive formula was
adjusted to make the improvement.

At 05:47 PM 6/11/2011, Paul Root wrote:
>On my new bottle of LMA it proudly says that its an all new fully synthetic
>formula and it works on ABS systems.
>
>So it's not the stuff we all used to use.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive