Re: [Mgs] MGB headrests

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB headrests
From: "Carr&Edwards" <scvc70@epix.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:12:43 -0400
The piece of spring steel with the protruding "ear" on the side had been
displaced upward inside the shaft, so that the ear no longer stuck out of the
hole.  However, fixing that problem didn't help, as there are no serrations on
the inside of the socket to hold the shaft at any particular point--the system
relies entirely on friction, which is entirely inadequate....  Still trying to
think of some device I can make that will hold the headrest in place but which
is easily adjustable, as I'm not the only one driving the car.  The main
stumbling block is that the top of the seat back is easily compressible
(unlike my Subaru, which had the same problem, so I just made a wooden block
to fit underneath the headrest).  Back to the old drawing board-----------

Sarah Carr
'71 MGB/GT in PA