Re: [Mgs] How to change clutch hose on a '71 MGB?

To: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@comcast.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] How to change clutch hose on a '71 MGB?
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:08:49 +0200
I did this job with the engine insitu on my 71 BGT.
The starter has to be taken out regrettably.
When you're busy you also can take out the slave cylinder and clean it and
have the piston seal replaced.
Well worth while to do together with the hose job.

Hint: Often it is easy to remove the distributor cap in order to have more
room to move for removing and putting back the starter motor.
I once did not notice, that one of the distributor cap clamps was fallen
downwards, where it normally falls onto the starter motor. Yes I had to take
out the motor another time.
So keep the clamps together with an elastic band when remounting the motor.

Good luck

Cheers,

Hans - who leaves to the UK in his GT tomorrow and will see Paul Hunt next
monday!