Re: [Mgs] computers

To: BOb Sexson <rsexson@excite.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] computers
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 02:22:34 +0000
Depends on the meaning of "made in."

Dell comes to mind and there are others. But they are assembly plants with the
bulk of the components coming from Asia and then assembled in US based plants.
There are likely local computer shops where you live that do the same thing,
building custom computers from similar foreign built parts. The last computer
I bought was in 1993, and since then, I have always built my own. But local
computer shops do the same - this gives you a longer lasting computer because
you can upgrade individual parts as needed to keep the computer current with
technology changes.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT