Re: [Mgs] Ignition wires

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Ignition wires
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:13:32 +0100
Premium wires won't make any difference unless you are going to open the
gaps right up for some reason, and then you are likely to get coil, cap and
rotor failures.  Original carbon string wires were still available the last
time I looked, but they gradually go higher and higher resistance (as the
carbon joggles along the string?) and they are also pretty expensive, so I
have silicone-cored.  I've never had one of these fail in 30 or 40 years
(except for a peculiar insulating coating that appeared on one of the brass
connectors), I've had the same set on my V8 for 17 years and 100k.

PaulH.