[Mgs] Heat Shield material

Subject: [Mgs] Heat Shield material
From: lapierrem at sbcglobal.net (Mark LaPierre)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 22:28:02 -0400
Hardie Backer board.   You can get a sheet of it at Lowes.  Heat resistant,
looks like the original when it was new but its not soft and
pliable.   Its an underlayment cement board. So you cut it with a carbide
tipped hacks saw and jig saw.
 Its about a quarter inch thick and can be attached with
split rivets and washers from a hardware store.

FYI,  the Healey folks have a ton of old asbestos sheets that they have to
replace when restoring their cars and this has been a product of heavy
use on their cars.  The one problem that you will have is that you'll have a
bunch of it left over.  The sheets are about 4 x 5 ft.  That is enough to
serve an entire MG club for awhile.   This is a nice product to use under
the drivers floor on an MGA to reflect the heat away from the wood floors
and your
tush.

There are a couple different styles.  The white one with squares on the back
is the one.  The squares go toward the backside of course.

Drop me a line if you have any further questions about it.

Mark