[Mgs] Catching up & OT

Subject: [Mgs] Catching up & OT
From: rolindsay at yahoo.com (Rick Lindsay)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 06:09:42 -0800 (PST)
Hey Friends,

Seems like forever since we 'spoke'.  I guess that's what
happens when a guy sells his MG.  Still, I miss you guys.

Not a lot has
changed in my world down here in Houston.  I still have my collection of
sports, classics and exotics.  They're the fun, rolling part of my diversified
retirement portfolio.  Doing better than my 401(k) too, if less liquid.

The
most recent project is an '89 Ferrari Mondial T.  The car belongs to a friend
with minimal mechanical skills.  He bought it about three weeks ago, in sad
condition but running - kinda.  One of the MAFs (FI air flow meters) was
shorted out so the car was running on half an engine, the leather was filthy
and the  the paint was oxidized and dull.

Today its running on all 8
cylinders, the leather is clean and fed with Leatherique and the paint has
been polished back to a high gloss.  We now have to replace the CATs so it
will pass emissions testing (younger than 25 years), repair a tear in the
driver's seat and refinish the leather, then touch up the rock chips before
applying wax.

This has been a fun project, if a little costly for the owner.
Working on it has me thinking about getting an MG again, but this time, a
T-series.  I have a pristine TR3b that I have grown tired of.  Perhaps its
time to sell it and buy a nice rust-free T project.  Know of one available?
Please PM me if you do...

Regards,

Rick Lindsay in south Texas

Sent on