Re: [Mgs] MGA Battery

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Battery
From: mark lapierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 03:01:01 -0800 (PST)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1331377261; bh=bolELWG/7FWrBd44SaBY0kgrf5bioUYVhQKj3aHH1eQ=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=XVDhf3zp/JOCkXzMvr4osxlzBC1J1IE/boaHXp89haxUFDxZyz6q4KmVmSqUKWGTldQSJAbt7IpfRx+7A9+x30PT8UeNFbxhWxMSxmDKAmQ2UffOvSq1jMqqNLrHqoS9BuLTED30C/V23SewriP5yAC9/fVyQTogQTo9NHLd6Hg= s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=J6DyNuwwgB758SeOy6/K3Jw8rl/fnCA4MSrYg3SdeM5tS9ZK9sVw6p7sQVpCtNjRangLmd/nr3V4jUes/lT9jUo1wrg6cFm9zK7GoCUVkdPWRTjU4LkEZe+BnWKkiZj37YSOFhcl3Di4TKmQIjMmUi5YTVFwDq88yqjp7nw2GYQ=; 9HqBBYssIKGW_KOLHxQbGGLfWHXRlkqKD3kmHTGsgtvDHWLOD890g9YS0.AY Euzyb2iMmYsxMHUVVg8eJeJut1qlTMvBYbVCz8JuaG.sDKT.u_D_Dx0czGsa 3VrCnPV.Gfb2H.NF5banOumqGm6wNWnYZjbdDYrwmm2jTfByiMYrdv3ArE8X A1VbKbT5SeSLBRKM22nkm4bnUQxrQrveJinahRee6pKVhbhtUuZojwy8Xzqw nR5D2AFGjlu5eLmtNtESskH6ZdsWlUX7ptTw6u2sKY0twbf4_pqrYPrjdc1U IBanl_UDLgax1AdNK3RHUghYeOU1z2ApCBNPAfhWwNq9g.S_Fc6OCQ0QmEDZ 3g4TZ332xm3TtKxtc0cLqi_F2zgk10JgRPGUVQisWYPb5zcp3ss9uG0bb_jZ AopcAURzbQekJGe_asB44kGgQ7.._0mkZr7T7oXLIEi0jRJUls7ba_596U4A WUubjkhkmZMHW7u8wunhP_gCNCGgOQorsB0zpBYSmHndolkNmQ.C1Y2pB8vJ UVq6URc.oY7RmIQ--
Well forget about the 2 6-volts.  PITA and expensive.  Only for the die
hards.   If you want to use the original battery area, then you may have to
modify one of the brackets by knocking
it flat.   Some one out there may have found a size that fits without
modifying, stay tuned for that.   Another idea is to put the thing in your
trunk.  Yea, I know I probably just lost a ton of readers but once you try it
,  you'll realize how easy it is to maintain and install and remove the
battery for winter storage etc.   My car was already converted when I bought
it in 93 and It has worked out great even for many state to state trips for
Namgar GTs.   It is installed in the rt rear corner in one of the plastic
battery boxes.  Anything in the trunk is protected by the box and I can even
get a Green Knob cut off switch in place for quick disconnect for inside
winter storage.    J hooks  are easily installed to brackets that are already
in the trunk, to secure the battery and box.  Plus you can use a pretty good
size battery if you feel the need.    The ground cable just attaches to the
trunk floor and the  positive goes  under
 the body where the original runs.  I have a converted neg. ground car.
For traveling,  a luggage rack always comes in handy to help with the extra
luggage and you can still pack items around the plastic battery box and in the
corner knooks and crannies.

If anyone would care to see an epic, drop me a line.

Mark