[Mgs] Removing MGA front hub with steel wheels and disc brakes

Subject: [Mgs] Removing MGA front hub with steel wheels and disc brakes
From: barneymg at mgaguru.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:29:24 -0500
Remove grease cap, split pin, spindle nut, and pull the hub off the
spindle.  The bearings should be press fit in the hub and slip fit on
the spindle, but sometimes they may be reluctant to come off  the
spindle.  I like to use a slide hammer to yank on stuborn hubs, like
this: http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/ts117.htm

To remove the bearings requires a bit of finness with a press or
hammer and punch.  Reassembling front hubs on the MGA (not Twin Cam
or "Deluxe") is simple, assuming you retain the original inner race
spacer, just install the parts and crank up the torque on the spindle
nut (no shimms or special clearance requirements).