Re: [Mgs] 1966 OD Plug

To: runner01@wowway.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1966 OD Plug
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:04:25 GMT
  It probably started out as a British size, but one can only guess what is in
there now. Let's hope that a DPO did not force in a plug with non-original
threads.  You can grind/file a wrench to fit, or use an adjustable spanner.
As you are working upside down, are you certain that you are turning in the
correct direction?    John Esposito, Quantum Mechanics, says that use of the
oil in the engine is OK, but prefers the use of straight 30w oil.  See his
discussion on his site about it.  Good practice is to pour in a bit less than
the specified amount, then test & top off as needed. Draining off excess is
not a pleasant task. Bob