Re: [Mgs] Charging Problems

To: <dontoy@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Charging Problems
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 08:50:44 +0100
Did you repolarise the dynamo?  If it is *always* showing a discharge, i.e.
when it is running as well as when you turn the lights on with the engine
stopped, then it isn't charging.  As to 'holding it's own' you do need to
connect a voltmeter to see if it is charging at all, although unless it
shows a strong charge immediately after cranking and starting then again it
probably isn't charging.

As far as your multimeter goes we don't know what you have, so RTFM :o)

PaulH.