[Mgs] 67 BGT steering wheel play

To: MGList List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] 67 BGT steering wheel play
From: "W. David Houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:10:20 -0400
Listers,
Noticed that I am able to move the steering wheel up and down about 1/16" in
my 67 BGT while trying to fix my horns. Took off the black covers over the
turn signal switch and see the problem. The movement is right at the top of
the column behind the self canceling arms. Has anyone else replaced that upper
nylon bearing(#24 in Moss catalog)? I know the wheel must come off, anything
else?
The horn problem, incidentally, is caused by there being no ground at the
column itself. I plan to ground a wire from the steering column clamp to a
body ground under the dash for a repair. Horns checked out and they work.
TIA,