Re: [Mgs] gen to alt

To: "Tom Gunderson" <thgun@comporium.net>, "Mga List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] gen to alt
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:04:54 -0500
Generator is often cheap and easy to repair, commonly only needs
brushes.  However, if the generator is melted inside due to a failed
control box, that would be a good time to consider the alternator
conversion.  In recent years replacement control boxes have been
notoriously unreliable.  When a regulator relay fails, the bad $40
control box takes out a good $100 generaor along with it.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com