Re: [Mgs] MGA clutch

To: Tom Gunderson <thgun@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA clutch
From: PHIL BATES <jello@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 14:22:18 -0700
Cc: Mga List <Mgs@autox.team.net>
It could potentially be a collapsed hose acting as a check valve - but
it's unlikely.  The easiest wayt o remedy that is to just replace the
hose.  It won't cost you more than $40 and shipping from moss - but
you can get them cheaper too.  You can get a braided stainles hose
that's less likely to collapse for $63 and shipping.

Chances are your clutch is shot - there are lots of reasons for things
like chatter, but not many reasons for slip.

And there is no way to check the clutch plate depth without taking out
the engine.

To read a little more, go here http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/clutch/ct_106.htm

Phil