[Mgs] MG activity

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MG activity
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:19:56 -0800
Well, my MGB has been inactive for some time, while I have been sorting out
the carburetors. Here is a partial rundown of the process so far:

[Problem -- solution]
Sticky piston -- fitted a different suction chamber; dismantled, cleaned and
reassembled both carbs; centered jets.
Pulled the pipe out of the jet when refitting -- ordered new jet from Moss.
Rear carb not returning to idle -- removed idle cam & spring and reassembled
with washers in correct position.
Rear carb still not returning to idle -- discovered throttle lever was loose
on shaft; peened lever, added washer.
Rear carb STILL not returning to idle -- discovered shaft was bulging at
ends of butterfly slot, causing it to stick; sanded down shaft to round
section.

The array is reassembled (again), but between downpours and early sundowns I
haven't got them set up or synced yet.

Missed a scheduled backroad run on the last sunny weekend, too.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149