Re: [Mgs] Activity

To: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>,Tom Daughdrill <lincman90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Activity
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> mail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 10:02:09 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Jody,

That is brilliant!  - about your daughter I mean.  My daughter was
dead keen on my cars and she was the only one who wanted to drive my
old Maserati - others were scared of its power.   But now my
granddaughter leans more to cars than my grandson.  I have a
delightful photo of her helping me with the MGB GT V8 when when was
about 11.  Give your daughter a hug from me !!

At 12:22 AM 12/7/2012 -0700, Jody Kerr wrote:
>Here in Arizona it's finally getting cool enough to work on cars outside.
>
>My daughter (13) is working on her first restoration, a 1970 MGB. The
>intent is that she gets it finished by the time she gets her driver's
>license. Before the summer got too hot we pulled the exhaust, the fuel
>system and the exterior lights. Recently we contructed one of those
>temporary garages from Harbor Freight over the car and she'll finish
>stripping the interior next. Hopefully over Christmas break.
>
>On the not so MG side (but still very MG) I'm tearing through a '69
>Sprite right now that was supposed to be her mum's first restoration.
>But, now we're expecting, so I got left with this car taking up prime
>real estate in my garage. Right now I'm stripping and restoring the
>electrical system and dash. Next is the carbs. Should hopefully have
>the engine/tranny out, last of the bolted on bits off, and the
>external sheetmetal off the car by Christmas. Then it's blast, paint
>and reassemble.
>
>Jody
>
>On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM, Tom Daughdrill <lincman90@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Been trying to enjoy driving the wife's '79 MGB.  The car tends to leave me
> > places, but, with enough recent "fiddling", it is been better
> than ever.  It
> > now starts easily enough, doesn't stall, and seems to enjoy being
> driven.  It
> > seems to have always wanted to be a pleasant car, and now, it may
> be!  Still
> > miss my Midget, though...
> > Anybody got a good car for sale?
> > Tom
>

>--
>http://www.theymightberacing.com/
>
>1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
>1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
>1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8
>1970 MG MGB                               1980 Triumph TR7
>"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn
>from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
>disinclination to do so."
>--Douglas Adams

Regards

Barrie