[Mgs] roving burglars looking for MGs?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] roving burglars looking for MGs?
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:55:18 -0800
On Monday night, or very early Tuesday morning, intruders came into
our yard and did some mischief.  My MGs were in a garage, which was
closed but unlocked.  Apparently they did not go into the garage at
all, so the MGs were not tampered with nor was anything taken from
inside the garage..  But, owner's manuals and keys were taken from
three of my Japanese cars; two of the cars were in a carport, and one
was outside.  It's a mystery as to what they were up to, as valuables
were not taken, nor any of the cars taken.  Perhaps they could not
drive a standard shift and that stopped 'em from taking a car.  I do
live in a rural area, and until this happened, felt comfortable
leaving keys in cars, and door unlocked.

Below is an email I got from my brother-in-law.  You must read the
article that is linked in his email about a fellow back east who had
a hoarding habit, and the hoarding included MGs.  My brother-in-law
has a great sense of humor, and he knows that at one time I had about
eight MGs in various states of repair or disrepair in my yard.

Don Scott,  Calistoga
1955 MGTF, 1962 MGA Mk 2, 1967 MGB, 1963-7 MGB (seeking), Misc. Japanese cars

Email from my brother-in-law:

Subject: roving burglars looking for MGs?
To: Anne Scott <annescott@napanet.net>, don <don@napanet.net>
         boundary="-1172831624-764119559-1359764264=:83630"

Hi Anne & Don,

I'm sorry to hear about the burglary. It doesn't sound as if they
made off with much of yours, and I'm grateful to hear that.

Wouldn't you know it but I just came across this article about some
burglars who are targeting people with lots of MGs. (nothing in the
article about Miatas) They were in VT so unless it's a nationwide
ring, I doubt it's the same people.

<http://news.yahoo.com/looters-steal-200k-coins-hoarders-death-205449015.html>http://news.yahoo.com/looters-steal-200k-coins-hoarders-death-205449015.html

 From the photos in the article, do you recognize any of them?

Danny

Email that I sent to my neighbors:

Subject:  Burglaries on Scott Way
To:  undisclosed recipients

Friends and neighbors,
Last night someone or someones, broke into the Bazzoli house (located
near us on Scott Way) and stole two guns.  He/they also came into our
yard and stole the owner's manuals from two cars, and the keys from
three cars.  Strange things to take from us, but maybe they were
intoxicated or something.  The keys to my Miata were in Dan Bazzoli's
truck, and the sheriff's deputy gave them back to me.  The car books
are gone, along with all the repair receipts in them.  Maybe the
thief collects owner's manuals and keys?  Guns can be sold at least
for quick cash.
So, keep your eyes and ears open for mischief in the area, and car
keys and manuals scattered on the ground.
Don Scott