Re: [Mgs] Poor start

To: montejane@gmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Poor start
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:24:34 GMT
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Hi Monte,  First thing to check is ignition.  After months of rest, there
could be some corrosion on the points. Pull a piece of card or paper between
them. That may suffice. More difficult to deal with is the possibility that
the fuel has gone stale in the carb bowls. It will burn, but not as easily as
when fresh. Engine may be difficult to start, but run more or less OK when
warm. If you can get the car to drive well enough to burn off fuel in the tank
and then buy new, that problem may go away. If you had H or HS carbs, I would
suggest opening them and having a look inside the bowls, but one prefers to
avoid doing that to HIFs.Bob