Re: [Mgs] XPAG engine + gearbox weight

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] XPAG engine + gearbox weight
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 09:54:23 -0000
Didn't see the question but if this is a trolley hoist and not a roof hoist
I'd also advise comparing the width and height of the legs of the hoist with
your front suspension, a pal has had to put his front wheels on blocks so
the legs would fit under the spring pans.  Also check the extension of the
boom, when getting the engine out of a rubber bumper B I had to go in from
the side as even at full extent the hoist hit the front of the car before
the hook was over the middle of the engine.  That entailed dragging the
whole lot sideways, against the run of the wheels of course, to get the
engine on and off the gearbox shaft.

PaulH.