[Mgs] delayed oil pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] delayed oil pressure
From: Duvall Video Productions <mike@duvallvideo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 11:21:46 -0500
I might not be describing this well,   15 seconds may be an over statement but
the delay is too long- long enough to cause a knock--  the knocking isn't
there all the time.

-Wear was suggested--   it had a rebuild (over a year ago) and I have really
good oil pressure 40 to 60 pounds --   new oil pump....

-I don't think a spun bearing would cause low oil pressure at
startup....correct me if I'm wrong but I think the knock is a symptom of low
pressure at first.

-wrong gasket was suggested but this developed-- didn't happen year ago.

- The oil filter is the early hanging type so I don't think it is the filter.
If the filter simply bypassed, I don't think that would effect oil pressure

- problem with oil pick up or gasket?  hmmmm   ---

-- could a stuck open relief valve or way too weak pressure spring cause this?
If it were open the pump might have to get to maximum output before I got much
pressure....   What do you think?