[Mgs] bulkhead refinishing

To: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net, Rui Gigante <rui.gigante@gmail.com>
Subject: [Mgs] bulkhead refinishing
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:37:25 -0500
Hi Friends,

Just a couple of pictures to share today.  While still on the quest of
lifting the tub away, I removed the lower firewall bulkhead yesterday
and freshened it.

Here's how the piece looked after degreasing and stripping what
remained of the black paint, followed by a coat of primer.  In this
picture, the primer is still wet.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130524_093215.jpg

You can see in that picture that a couple of the bolt holes are
deformed and one flange is slightly bent.  After the primer dried, I
straightened all the deformities before painting.  Here's how it
looks, hanging in the garage while the black paint dries.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130525_094340.jpg

Perhaps its worth stating that I am not building a show car, or even a
restored 'correct' car.  I'm building a driver.  And with that said, I
am not making big changes either, like 5-speed gearboxes or worse.
I'm just saving a rusty old relic, to be pretty, to run well, and just
to putter around the neighborhood.  I have other cars for
'frighteningly quick', 'super luxurious', and 'truly correct'.  This
car, like my TR3, if just for play time.

Probably didn't need to say any of that - but I did.

-rick