[Mgs] A little work...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net, Rui Gigante <rui.gigante@gmail.com>
Subject: [Mgs] A little work...
From: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 12:48:58 -0500
Hello Friends,

Did a little work on the TD today.  Here's the place where I started:
Rust on the roll where it attaches to the tub.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_092233.jpg

Here's that same flange on the roll, after cleaning, removing the
rust, sanding and primering.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100619.jpg

Here's the wider view.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100614.jpg

As you can see, I'm working from high to low (so gravity helps, not
hurts) and from the middle of the frame outward, cleaning degreasing,
de-rusting as I go.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_101355.jpg

And here are a couple more looks, a little closer in.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100631.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100650.jpg

While the primer was drying, and to keep from spreading sanding dust
into the wet primer, I moved to the engine.  I removed the plenum -
the air cleaner had already been removed and refinished - and the
carbs.  Here they are on the (exceptionally messy) bench.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100358.jpg

And here's where they came from.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100408.jpg

Here are a couple more pictures, just to document the coming-apart process.

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100416.jpg

http://www.aubard.us/MGTD/20130528_100432.jpg

Note the WHITE socks today!

-rick