Re: [Mgs] Got the shag carpet ripped out of the trunk...

To: Andrew Lundgren <lundgren@byu.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Got the shag carpet ripped out of the trunk...
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 22:59:48 -0500
Andrew, --

Try Goof-Off, which will likely work, but may require a fair amount
of the stuff at a premium price to do a large area.

If you don't mind messing with the stuff, I have found that gasoline
makes a pretty good solvent for carpet adhesive.  Let it soak, scrape
gently with a putty knife, finish by rubbing with wire wool.  If you
have enough elbow grease it gets there eventually.  Apply all
admonitinos, advice and safety precautions for working with flamable
solvents.  I did this one successfully:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/restore/pics2/3468.jpg

If youi don't klike gasoline, then mineral spirits may work, just
slower, more time consuming (lots of time).  Try a spritz od WD-40
(which is mostly mineral spirits).

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguuer.com