Re: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....

To: lundgren@byu.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:00:04 GMT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
   A sad day, indeed. That the lads are ok is the best part of it.
   Lets hope the insurance company is helpful. Some can be. Last autumn,
hurricane Sandy dropped a tree on a friend's old 911.  They "totaled" it, but
allowed him to buy the carcass back for less than they gave him. It went for
parts, netting him more than it was worth, and providing a good engine to a
911 in need. If you have "declared value" cover, the company will pay costs up
to the value you specified, unlike the standard cover, in which they
depreciate arbitrarily, set a book value, pay off a fraction of that and
subtract a handling charge.
    Not much impact is needed to bind the MGB boot lid, but a lot is required
to significantly damage the structure. It may be that a good shop can get it
back into driving condition quickly. We all hope so.
Bob