Re: [Mgs] Refinishing Armstrong dampers

To: mgs@autox.team.net,mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Refinishing Armstrong dampers
From: Don <don@napanet.net> mail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:25:42 -0700
Rick,
My experience has been that if an old lever action shock is covered
with oily greasy stuff, it is leaking and that is why it is
dirty.  If it isn't leaking, it should be pretty much clean.  Just my
tupence of MG experience.  Perhaps others can chime in on this, but
from what I have seen, the shocks will generally be clean if the
seals are still sealing.
Don