Re: [Mgs] Lubricheck - The digital 'blood tester' for your car

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Lubricheck - The digital 'blood tester' for your car
From: John Elwood <mgmagnette@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 17:33:49 -0400
That's not insane overkill, my MG had insane overkill!  I'd temporarily
installed a SenGenuity continuous viscosity sensor.  Hooked it up to a laptop
and watch the oil viscosity change as you drive around...   If the viscosity
at a certain temperature isn't what it should be, the you know to change your
oil!  No need to send the oil out for sampling.

Www.sengenuity.com/lubricantmonitoring.html

It's intended for large fixed pumps and what not, but my MG needed one of the
protos :).  It works by measuring the frequency output of a quartz crystal,
which varies depending on the viscosity of the liquid it is near.  Can't say
we sold many because they are VERY expensive.  Best use so far has been in
printing presses where the ink viscosity matters big time.