[Mgs] alloy valve cover

To: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] alloy valve cover
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:57:37 -0500
Last year I got an alloy valve cover, and a new valve cover gasket. Along with
thumb screws to hold it down.

I couldn't get it to not leak. The gasket just wouldn't sit straight on it.
And the thumb screws kept coming loose.

I tried some lock tight on the screws and use a slip joint pliers on them to
get it tight. However, the gasket still was bad.

So, I pulled by old stock valve cover back on, but the rubber grommets have
perished, so I can't get it tight either.

I'm going to go to Quality Coaches in Minneapolis tomorrow and get a new
gasket and grommets, etc.

Anybody have any hints on getting that gasket to fit on the  alloy?

Thanks,