[Mgs] gas leak

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] gas leak
From: Monte Jane Morris <montejane@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:56:09 -0500
I got in the B this morning and noticed the fuel pump was continuing to
pump instead of it's normal click, click, click, stop. Then I smelled gas.
Opened the bonnet to find gas streaming down the front carb (HIF's). I
figured it was a stuck float, which has NEVER happened before. So I rapped
on it a little with a hammer and it stopped.
Question:
 Is this usually a sign of continued problems, or might it just be a rare
event? A month or so ago, I was having a minor miss when accelerating
during a long drive but that cleared up after a few tanks of gas. I was
wondering if the two might be connected.
Thanks,
Monte, 79B w/ points