Re: [Mgs] MGB vent window opener

To: "W. David Houser" <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>, MGList List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB vent window opener
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:56:16 -0400
David,

I have been toying with the same idea..  It seems that all one needs
is a hook to the moveable vent and the other end a hook to the
chromed divider/channel upright.  I was going to take a photo but I
have lost my small Canon Powershot camera and I cannot buy a new one
- No cameras (except expensive SLRs) these days seem to have a
sighting viewer just an LCD which are pretty useless (although the
peasants like them).

At 06:39 PM 01/08/2013 -0400, W. David Houser wrote:
>Listers,
>I'm always looking for ways to improve or modify the ways things work on my
>MG's: a TD, MGA Coupe and MGB-GT.
>For the TD, I made an aluminum storage box that fits under the TD storage area
>plywood to hold additional spares for the Circuit of Britain, an L shaped
>bracket to hold open the coupe vent window to maximize the airflow into the
>car and now I want to do the same for the BGT. The BGT doesn't have a screw on
>the door capping but there is a metal channel to which something can be placed
>to hold the vent window full open. I have the springed screw in the door as
>tight as I dare tighten it, but speed closes it down. My question: Has anyone
>thought of a way to do this or have I got to figure it out?
>Cheers,

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie@look.ca