Re: [Mgs] heavy clutch pedal all of a sudden

To: davewillner@pa.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] heavy clutch pedal all of a sudden
From: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:59:57 GMT
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Full-name: "mgbob@juno.com" <mgbob@juno.com>
Dave,
   If you suspect the hose, a likely culprit, you may find that unbolting the
slave cylinder makes R&R of the hose easier. And that gives opportunity to
rebuild the slave if not done when engine was out.
   I am about to undertake this myself, as my MGB slave is leaking. I will
rebuild master, slave and replace the hose in one go.
   Will get to that as soon as I deal with fisheyes in new paint in rear
fender of my TD, a problem I attribute to a leaking brake cylinder years ago.
When disassembled, it had water and rust inside. I did not know at that time
that although silicone fluid does not absorb water, water does still
accumulate in the system, so one still must bleed out a teaspoon of fluid at
each cylinder every year or so.
Bob